- Doyle, of Arkansas said: "I got the books today. I have a bad habit of reading three or four books at a time so it may take a while." The next day he said: "I am on page 6 and I have figured out two things: One, I will not be reading any other books for awhile; and, two, this is going to be a long journey because I have to stop constantly and make notes. It's as if you wrote the book to me! And you don't even know me. Why is it that you are not a therapist exactly? I have read several self-help books and...I always get something from them, but I am only on page 10 and have gotten more out of it than any other. I think you just have the amazing power to mirror life in general. Once again, thanks so much for writing this book.
- Anna, of TX said: "I read your book and it helped me with a problem I was having for a long time. The day I took home your book, I put on a pot of coffee and stayed up all night reading. I marked a lot of passages and then read back over them. I cried a lot, but I was able to put things to rest. I was able to close the door on it. Thank you."
- Carol, of Ohio said: "God has truly guided you into my life! Do you know you are the only person I've found in my entire life who truly 'understands' where I'm coming from? I'm reading your book, read more than two-thirds of it. It really is helping me in a lot of areas. You have enough material there to write several books! Do you have training in professional counseling? If not, you're really good at it.
- Joni, of CA, said: "I read the part about relationships to my friend and it helped him a lot." He told me that he and his wife are doing better now because of what you said in the book."
- Terrance, of Utah, said: "I want you to know you served me by what you wrote in the book about seeing parameters and staying in your personal zone."
- Helen, of TX, said: "It's a lot of information to take in." That's good! It's like the scriptures or conference talks. Sometimes it takes reading it a few times to get all the information."
- Norma, of TX, said: I'm enjoying reading your book. I especially like the story you told about the snow and living in the mountains."
- Vern, of TX, said: "There is so much wisdom in this book. I just kept wondering where all this wisdom comes from."
- Vida, of TX, wrote about the Chapters tilted Protecting Democracy and We Can Do It Together: "I had an experience two days ago that is relevant to these chapters. . . I was serving breakfast to the evacuees [of hurricane Katrina] . . . One of the volunteers was talking when I walked up. She said, "I have a real problem with this war in Iraq. All those poor people are doing is trying to defend themselves.' I was flabbergasted that anyone could be so naive and could not keep my mouth shut. I responded, 'I don't agree. They weren't defending themselves when the World Trade Center was attacked. They aren’t' defending themselves when they blow up innocent women and children with suicide bombs.' Believe it or not. I did not raise my voice or become angry at her [naiveté]. It was great! She said, ‘You're right.' I hope that helped her think through what she had been saying — and I am sure I'm not the first person she had told that to."
- Kathy, of TX, said: "You say some really good things and I like the way you say them. I think your ideas are interesting. The information makes you think."
- Jerry B., of Texas, said: "I read your book." I said, ‘That’s good. Did you like it?’ He said: "No, but I needed to hear it."
As a note, I think Jerry was referring to my boldness and plainness in stating some of the obvious things that society has forgotten. Saying he needed to hear it is true, I think, for most of us.
I want you to know that there is no question in my mind that this book was first written for me as guidance and inspiration for the trials that were ahead of me at the time. Wisdom was imparted to me through my own words. What better way is there to teach us principles we can comprehend than by using our own words? The miracle is that I understood the message and that helped make it through the trials. That's why I feel compelled to share my experiences with you. Maybe something I say will ring a bell inside you and help you understand the things you need to learn. I sure hope it will.
These are a few of the many comments I've received on this book. I welcome anything you would like to add as you read my blogs. Many of them are excerpts taken straight from the book. If you like what you read, please visit my Online Store.